IED's GLOBALCOM Announcement Control System and supporting software needs access to the system hard drive and ethernet network card to operate. This means in some instances Antivirus software and Firewalls may interfere with system operation. To eliminate potential compatibility issues you must:
- Check the logs of your Antivirus or Firewall product to determine what IED software process or files are conflicting.
- Add IED related files and folders to the exclusions of your Antivirus / Firewall product. For IED1000 Series Software products this will include but is not limited all files in the C:\IED\SERVICES folder.
- Make sure IED related process and network traffic are allowed and trusted in your Antivirus / Firewall product.
The following Antivirus / Firewall software products (and versions) have been tested successfully with the IED GLOBALCOM Announcement Control System:
1100/1200 Platform (Windows Embedded Standard OS)
- Norton Security 2015
- Norton Endpoint Security Client 2015
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2015
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows Workstations 2015
- Bitdefender Total Security 2015
- Windows Defender
- Windows Firewall
11XXSERVER Family (Windows Server 2012)
- Norton End Point Security Platform 2015
- Kaspersky Windows Server Enterprise Edition Antivirus 2015 (Part of Kaspersky Endpoint Security Select and Advanced Suite)
- Bitdefender Security for Endpoints 2015
Please refer to the documentation provided by your Antivirus / Firewall provider for detailed instructions regarding the addition of exceptions, exclusions and trusted activity.
IED has made great efforts to test GLOBALCOM functionality with the products listed above. If it is determined that antivirus or firewall applications are interfering with audio system operation, we may require the full removal of the antivirus or firewall applications. IED does not assume responsibility for any 3rd Party application loaded onto a core announcement control system or server based product.